Moalajah received ISO 55001 Certification in recognition of effective asset management
Moalajah, a subsidiary of BESIX, has become the first sewerage system operator in the Middle East to obtain an internationally recognised certification for effective asset management.
This certification is important for several reasons:
• They represent a major public and private investment;
• They provide an essential public service that helps ensure public health and safety whilst preserving the environment;
• A well-run infrastructure supports the economic development of Ajman.
The asset management approach Moalajah has adopted brings many benefits to the Ajman sewerage system, namely:
• Better decisions based on a sound operational information;
• Improved emergency response;
• Greater ability to plan and pay for future repairs, replacements or upgrades;
• Accurate knowledge of the assets including their importance (risk aspect), condition, location etc.;
• Optimised capital improvement projects that meet the real needs of the system;
• Better communication with clients, stakeholders and customers;
• Efficiency and innovation in the operation of the system.ww.besix-concessions.ae
The ISO 55001 certification is a recognition of Moalajah’s strong commitment to continuously improve the way it manages these assets.said Karthikesh Swami, QHSE and Assets Manager at Moalajah.
This accomplishment is a very significant milestone for Moalajah on its’ continuous journey to deliver a high-level and cost-effective service. It also highlights BESIX’s commitment to asset management as a fundamental business component to deliver complete infrastructure solutions.explained Eric Tranchant, Operations Manager at BESIX Concessions and Assets.